Your contributions keep the Midwest Internet Cooperative Exchange Running!
- Steve Howard, Paul Bunyan Telephone, and Jay
Hanke, Mankato Networks talked about workarounds
to the “Chicago Problem”
- The only viable solution was to create an Internet
Exchange Point in the upper Midwest
- After leaving the meeting, a LinkedIn group was
created an invitations were sent out to our
An informal meeting was scheduled July 29 and a
steering committee was appointed (Dave Farmer,
Mike Horwath, Jay Hanke).
- The steering committee created an Operations and
- FWR Communications (now Cologix) donated space and power in
The Minnesota Gateway (the "511 building") in downtown Minneapolis.
- CNS and ipHouse donated use of switching hardware.
- The exchange had 7 peering members by March 2011 plus connectivity to the Northern Lights GigaPOP.
- By October 2011, there were 25+ peering members.
- In October 2013, there were over 35 directly connected networks.
- In October 2014, there were 45 directly connected networks.
- For the current participants count, see the participants page.